in this topic we will continuously update you with new firmware for the Kinefinity MAVO Edge 8K.
### Today we released firmware 6715
Upgrade from lower version firmware to 6715
use the fat 32 formatted drive you got with your camera, make sure only fw 6715 is in the drive root
-make sure you have enough battery power for at least 15 minutes, so the installation doesnt get interrupted.
Restart Edge in the calibration mode by holding the menu button while pressing the power button for 1 second, hold the menu button for 4 more seconds when booting. if you succeeded you will see a yellow line indicating your in ‘calibration mode’
perform a black balancing (menu | system | black balance)
Restart Edge, and your done
- Added Shutter speed/angle fine-tuning.
- Added ProRes 4444 high-efficiency mode, the data rate is optimized to 50% of standard ProRes 4444 with marginal compromising on the quality of the image, it also supports ProRes 4444 editing and color grading system. this makes the new codec more efficient than prores 422 hq but with better image quality.
- Added Timecode Jam Sync function
- Added FF 8K OG(8192X5288) resolution
- Adjust lowest recording fps from 6fps to 2fps
- Improved the stability of the camera system under ProRes4444 codec
- SDI output supports the anamorphic format
- Video output shows correct output
- Dead pixel removal is effective under calibration mode
- SDI output is stable when recording 75 or higher fps
- Recording is stable when continuously pressing the rec button
- Improved the stability of identifying KineMAG Nano 1TB after hot-swapping.
Prores 444 efficiency codec
One of the most striking features of this update is Prores 444 efficiency codec. Its a new sort of compression which reduces file size to about 50% compared to the original Prores 444 filesize, this is smaller than Prores 422HQ, and it will playback on any computer and nle.
As a comparison Prores 444 is 1.5 more data than 422hq. so now the new Prores 444 format is only 75% of prores 422HQ. And image degradation is kind of absent, we will run some deep test but it seems awesome!